04 Library Professional Trainee Vacancy
Last Date:28 January,2021
Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT Bhubaneswar) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 4 contractual posts of Library Professional Trainee.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 28-01-2021 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Library Professional Trainee
No of post – 04
Pay Scale – Rs 18000
First Class in Masters in Library and Information Science or equivalent.
- IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications from Indian Nationals for the following time bound assignment for its Central Library.
- Candidates with relevant Computer Knowledge will be preferred.
- Educational Qualification: First Class in Masters in Library and Information Science or equivalent from a recognized Institute/University having good academic record.
- 26 years as on last date of application. Relaxation for SC, ST, & PD category candidates (up to age Limit – 31 years) & OBC (Up to age Limit – 29 years) will be applicable as per Govt. of India rules.
- Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned requirements may apply through ONLINE form by 28th January 2021. After completing the online application, the candidate should take a print out of the completed application and submit the same along with the passport photo and selfattested copies of certificates on the date of walk-in. The candidates are required to come directly for the written & interview without waiting for a call letter. The written test will be in English. Candidates are requested to bring with them the certificates (original & one set of photocopy) in support of date of birth,qualification & category. Those candidates who don’t have minimum eligibility qualification and age will not be allowed to seat in written test/interview. For any query/clarification regarding online application, candidates may write to [email protected] No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the selection process.
- Selected trainees will get opportunity to work in various sections of Central Library as well as on emerging tools and technologies in Library and Information field. They will be working in different shifts (as applicable), including morning, evening and late night shifts and also on weekends/
holidays on rotation basis (six day a week). No accommodation facilities will be provided by IIT Bhubaneswar. The positions will be deemed to be automatically terminated at the end of competition of their tenure.
- Candidates who have appeared for their final year examination and are expecting the results before the written test & interview date may apply, but must produce the final marks sheet at the time of test & interview or at the time of joining, in proof of them having passed the examination in FIRST CLASS without which, on selection, the candidate will not be allowed to join the traineeship.
- Candidates are required to produce a Proof of Identity issued by Govt. (in original) such as Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter Card etc. without which they will not be permitted to appear for the Skill Test/Written Examination. No photocopies of the above documents shall be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to produce negative report of self Rapid antigen COVID test undertaken during the Last week of January 2021.
- Date of Written test & interview: 30th January 2021 (Saturday) at 10:00am
- Venue for written test & interview: Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, Argul, Jatni-752050,
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar came into existence in July 22, 2008, inheriting the brand name IIT. This fact itself charges the Institute not only to be worthy of its inheritance but also to be distinctive and distinguished on its own by scripting a path towards novelties. Presented below are the statements for Vision, Mission, Goals & Strategies (to achieve the Goals) and the Core Values of IIT Bhubaneswar.
- “IIT Bhubaneswar will be globally well recognized for creating outstanding graduates and new knowledge”
- To shape ourselves into a learning community where we work, listen and respect each other.
- To encourage and facilitate faculty, researchers and students to work synergistically across discipline boundaries.
- To infuse a sense of excitement in students in innovation & invention, design & creation and entrepreneurship.
- To develop and pursue curricula those are dynamic, flexible and holistically designed to facilitate creativity and cognitive thinking.
- To strive for productive partnership between the industry and the Institute.
- The main campus of IIT Bhubaneswar is situated at the foot of Barunei Hill. Famous for its rich history of sustained resistance during 1803 – 1804 against the British occupation of Khurda Garh, the last independent fort of India, and for the first freedom struggle in India (the Paika Bidroha during 1810 – 1817), Barunei Hill is also a beautiful tourist spot. With Barunei temple, the Swarna Ganga, many spots related to the stay of Pandavas on the Hills during their agnatabasa, and the all-round greenery, Barunei Hill presents a major site of tourist attraction.
- In 1572, Ramei Rautaray declared himself the king of Odisha with the help of Paikas of Khurda, took the name of Gajapati Ramachandra Dev and made Khurda the capital of his kingdom. Thus started the Bhoi dynasty of kings in Odisha. Ramei Rautaray was responsible for reinstating the three idols of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra, and Goddess Subhadra in the temple of Puri. He also started the construction of the Khurda fort at the foot of Barunei Hill, and made Goddess Barunei and Goddess Karunei Khurda Garh’s presiding deities.
- Although parts of Odisha came under the rule of Afgan Sultan (1568 – 1592), Moghul kings (1592 – 1751), and Marahattas (1751 – 1803), the kings of Bhoi dynasty continued to assume control over Khurda fort and its surrounding areas for 231 years (1572 – 1803). For example, the king Ramachandra Dev had a friendship treaty with Man Singh, the commander of Akbar, and retained control over 71 gadajatas including Khurda and 29 jamindaris.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form
#Library #Professional #Trainee #Vacancy