05 Junior Research Fellow (DRL) Vacancy
Last Date:14 Febuary,2021
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 5 contractual posts of Junior Research Fellow (DRL).Interested Eligible Candidates may send their applications as per prescribed format to concerned E-mail address by 14-02-2021 . All the relevant documents must be sent alongwith application form, as proof of suitability for the posts. Email subject must be formed properly, containing name of post applied for.
Name of the post – Junior Research Fellow (DRL)
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – Rs 31000
1st M.Pharm/ MSc and NET qualified
- Applications are invited from energetic and enthusiastic candidates with zeal to work at high attitude areas for the following few vacant posts of Jr. Research Fellowship at DRL(DRDO), Tezpur, Assam located at Solamara Camp, on Airport Road. 12 Kms from Tezpur.
- Age and Education qualification will be counted as on 01/Jan/2021. Age Limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Place of work is DRL, Tezpur and its detachments at Salari and Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Tenure of JRF is initially 2 years, which is extendable as per Govt rules and award of Fellowship does not confer any right to absorption or employment in DRDO.
- Interested candidates MUST submit his/her Bio-data elaborating personal data, contact details and brief on educational & professional qualifications etc. (max in 2 pages) along with self-attested copies of certificates and testimonials in PDF format latest by 14/Feb/2021 at email ID: [email protected] No application will be entertained after the closing date.
- Date and time for Interview will be intimated individually to the suitable candidates by email.
- Interview will be conducted Online or Off-line as per provisions available at that time.
- All the selected candidates are to produce certificates, testimonials etc. in original in support of age, educational and professional qualifications at the time of joining.
- Received applications will be scrutinized and suitable candidates will be called for further proceedings (Interviews etc.).
- Application forms will be received to concerned email by : 14-02-2021 .
- Eligible candidates may apply for concerned posts by sending their application to concerned email address, as per prescribed format. No need to send print to Defence Research and Development Organisation at this stage. Keeping a print copy for future use is advised though. Only eligible candidates will be entertained, therefore candidates must make sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi, India. It was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and Production of the Indian Ordnance Factories with the Defence Science Organisation. On 21 Nov 2020, Heavy weight torpedo Varunastra being produced by BDL Vishakhapattanam which was designed by the naval science and technological laboratory, DRDO.
- With a network of 52 laboratories, which are engaged in developing defence technologies covering various fields, like aeronautics, armaments, electronics, land combat engineering, life sciences, materials, missiles, and naval systems, DRDO is India’s largest and most diverse research organisation. The organisation includes around 5,000 scientists belonging to the Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) and about 25,000 other scientific, technical and supporting personnel.
- The DRDO was established in 1958 by amalgamating the Defence Science Organisation and some of the technical development establishments. A separate Department of Defence Research and Development was formed in 1980 which later on administered DRDO and its 50 laboratories/establishments. Most of the time the Defence Research Development Organisation was treated as if it was a vendor and the Army Headquarters or the Air Headquarters were the customers. Because the Army and the Air Force themselves did not have any design or construction responsibility, they tended to treat the designer or Indian industry at par with their corresponding designer in the world market. If they could get a MiG-21 from the world market, they wanted a MiG-21 from DRDO.
- DRDO started its first major project in surface-to-air missiles (SAM) known as Project Indigo in the 1960s. Indigo was discontinued in later years without achieving full success. Project Indigo led to Project Devil, along with Project Valiant, to develop short-range SAM and ICBM in the 1970s. Project Devil itself led to the later development of the Prithvi missile under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) in the 1980s. IGMDP was an Indian Ministry of Defence programme between the early 1980s and 2007 for the development of a comprehensive range of missiles, including the Agni missile, Prithvi ballistic missile, Akash missile, Trishul missile and Nag Missile. In 2010, defence minister A. K. Antony ordered the restructuring of the DRDO to give ‘a major boost to defence research in the country and to ensure effective participation of the private sector in defence technology’. The key measures to make DRDO effective in its functioning include the establishment of a Defence Technology Commission with the defence minister as its chairman.The programmes which were largely managed by DRDO have seen considerable success with many of the systems seeing rapid deployment as well as yielding significant technological benefits. Since its establishment, DRDO has created other major systems and critical technologies such as aircraft avionics, UAVs, small arms, artillery systems, EW Systems, tanks and armoured vehicles, sonar systems, command and control systems and missile systems.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form
#Junior #Research #Fellow #DRL #Vacancy