06 Project Scientist III, Senior Project Associate Vacancy
Last Date:20 January,2021
Wildlife Institute of India (WII)
Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 6 contractual posts of Project Scientist III, Senior Project Associate and Project Associate I.Interested Eligible Candidates may send their applications as per prescribed format to concerned E-mail address by 20-01-2021 . All the relevant documents must be sent alongwith application form, as proof of suitability for the posts. Email subject must be formed properly, containing name of post applied for.
Name of the post – Project Scientist III, Senior Project Associate
No of post – 06
Pay Scale – Rs 78000,Rs 40000,Rs 25000 – 31000
Doctoral Degree in Wildlife Science/Zoology/Life Sciences/Environmental Sciences/ related subjects and min 7 yrs experience ,Master’s degree with minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Wildlife Science /Zoology / Botany/ Forestry / Environmental Science or related subjects and min 4 yrs experience.
- The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India, in the field of wildlife research,teaching and training.
- The Institute plans to engage project personnel (Indian national only) and invites application over email followed by an online interview for engaging, one (01) Project Scientist III, one (01) Senior Project Associate and four (04) Project Associate-I, for a project on purely contractual basis.
- The period of the contractual engagement will initially be for a period of 01 (one) year, which is may be extended based on the candidate’s performance and project needs. The last date of receipt of online applications is 20.01.2021 up to 1700 hrs. The EQ, DQ, age limits, monthly emoluments and other details of the positions are given below:
- The selection of the candidates will be in accordance with the performance in the interview and in order of merit as decided by the Interview Committee. All original documents should be produced at the time of interview. The decision of the Institute’s Committee in all matters relating to eligibility, work experience, acceptance or rejection of application will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained from any individual.
- The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms in PDF format, with accompanying attachments, by email (with subject line: “Application for the post of ___in Project “Reassessment study for amendment/modification in the report on management plan for sustainable mining in Saranda and Chaibasa forest division in west Singhbhum district of Jharkhand” to [email protected] not later than 1700 hrs on 20 January 2021:
- Application forms needs to be typed according to the prescribed format (must include SOP) and must be accompanied by:
a. Scanned copies of educational qualifications,
b. Scanned copies of experience letter/ certificate,otherwise, they will be rejected
- Send separate applications while applying for multiple posts.
- The applications received after the deadline will also be rejected by the Institute.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified (through email and website notification) for online personal interview by 25 January 2021. The interview will be held on 01 February 2021 from 1000 hrs onwards. The selection will be made based on the online personal interview scheduled on 01 February 2021.
- At the time of verification of original documents, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, his/her candidature will not be considered.
- The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual for the project period only and will stand abolished after completion of the project.
- The tenure in the project will be governed by the Institute’s rules and regulations.
- Relaxation in Age will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
- Director, WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
- The Wildlife Institute of India (WII), an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India, was established in 1982.WII carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Biodiversity, Endangered Species, Wildlife Policy, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Forensics, Spatial Modeling, Ecodevelopment, Ecotoxicology, Habitat Ecology and Climate Change. WII has a research facility which includes Forensics, Remote Sensing and GIS, Laboratory, Herbarium, and an Electronic Library.The founder director was V. B. Saharia while the first Director was Hemendra Singh Panwar who remained the director from 1985 to 1994. Trained personnel from WII have contributed in studying and protecting wildlife in India. The national tiger census or the All India Tiger Estimation, is done by WII along with NTCA and state forest departments.
- The institute is based in Dehradun, India. It is located in Chandrabani, which is close to the southern forests of Dehradun. The campus is 180 acre’s, from which 100 acre’s is in wilderness and 80 acre’s is operational facilities. It is close to Rajaji National Park. The training of the direct recruits of the India Forest Service Officers and also those who are recruited as the State Forest Officers is done here itself.
- The current director of Wildlife Institute of India is Dhananjai Mohan who was appointed in December 2019. He was formerly Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Planning and Financial Management and Chairman of State Biodiversity Board in Uttarakhand.
- About Wildlife Institute of IndiaEstablished in 1982, Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an internationally acclaimed Institution, which offers training program, academic courses and advisory in wildlife research and management. The Institute is actively engaged in research across the breadth of the country on biodiversity related issues.
- The Institute’s idyllic campus that has been carefully developed to create state of the art infrastructure encourages scholarly work.
click above to download
the employment notification
#Project #Scientist #III #Senior #Project #Associate #Vacancy