22 Associate Professor & Assistant Professor Vacancy
Last Date: 18 November,2020
Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (UBKV)
UBKV is inviting applications from all eligible and interested candidates to work for 22 posts ofProfessor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.Aspirants willing to work on these posts may send their applications as per prescribed format to the concerned address before the due date of 18-11-2020 .
Name of the post – Associate Professor & Assistant Professor
No of post – 22
Pay Scale – Rs 144200,Rs 131400,Rs 57700
Ph.D. /Doctoral Degree in the concerned/ allied / relevant discipline and min 10 yrs experience / Master Degree in the relevant subject or discipline and NET/ SET/ SLET.
- Applications in prescribed forms are invited from the Indian Nationals for filling up the following posts of TEACHERS of the Viswavidyalaya in the prescribed Pay Band with admissible Allowances and Benefits as per University norms.
- Candidates, who have applied earlier in response to Employment Notification vide no. UBKV/Rect./02/2019 dated 25 February 2019, UBKV/Rect./05/2019 dated 06 November 2019 and UBKV/Rect/01/2020 dated 03 February 2020 for any of the above positions (for the post of Assistant Professor in Agronomy and Forestry, Notification No. UBKV/Rect/01/2020 dated 03 February 2020 only), need not apply again. However, Candidates willing to upgrade their qualification and experience over their previous application need to apply afresh; such candidates need not pay the application fee again, if they are applying for the same post. Details of payment made earlier should be entered at the given space in the application form.
- A relaxation of 5% marks may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) / Other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
- The minimum qualifying marks is relaxable by 5% at the Masters level for candidates with Ph.D. Degree and who have obtained their Master degree prior to 19 September 1991.
- The eligibility marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% of marks to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/ Institute. By a recognized University / Institute is meant a University / Institute affiliated to UGC / other statutory apex bodies or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the Degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian
- The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in the same or in a relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 are exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (viz., NET/SLET/SET).
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July 2009 shall be exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET) as described hereinafter .
- Advance increments up to five in number may be allowed for exceptionally qualified and/or experienced candidates. The University has a provision of Career Advancement Scheme for its Teachers as are approved by the State Govt. from time to time. The candidates shall be required to serve anywhere within the jurisdiction of the University.
- Interested candidates are required to apply in the prescribed form available in the University website www.ubkv.ac.in with a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (or US$ 100 for candidates applying from abroad) for candidates of categories Unreserved (UR) / OBC-A / OBC-B AND Rs. 500/- (or US$ 50 for candidates applying from abroad) for candidates of categories SC / ST to be paid electronically / online or through demand draft of any Nationalised Bank with name, address, post applied for and mobile number of the candidate hand-written tidily on the reverse side of the demand draft / electronic / online transactionreceipt / proof of electronic / online payment.
- Separate non-refundable application fee has to be paid for each and every post applied for.
- Payment may be made by demand draft in favour of “UTTAR BANGA KRISHI VISWAVIDYALAYA” or electronically through “NEFT” / “SWIFT” (Name of account holder: UTTAR BANGA KRISHI VISWAVIDYALAYA; Name of bank: State Bank of India; Branch address: Sagardighi square, Cooch Behar 736101 (WB); Account no. 11323855619; IFSC code: SBIN0000058; SWIFT code: SBININBB335).
- Candidates, who have applied earlier in response to our advertisement vide no.
- UBKV/Rect./02/2019 dated 25 February 2019 and UBKV/Rect./05/2019 dated 06 November 2019 and UBKV/Rect/01/2020 dated 03 February 2020 for any of the above positions (for the post of Assistant Professor in Agronomy and Forestry, Notification No. UBKV/Rect/01/2020 dated 03 February 2020 only), need not apply further; however, they may upgrade their qualification and experience, if any.
- Applications received without demand draft / electronic / online transaction receipt / proof of electronic / online payment shall be summarily rejected without making any correspondence.
- The University reserves the right not to fill up any post and/or to alter or modify any condition at any stage without adducing any reason thereof. The number of posts may increase or decrease.
- The filled-in application forms, complete in all respect (super scribed as “Application Form for the post of ……………, Category…………” with full address of the candidate on the left side of the envelop) shall have to reach the office of The Registrar (Recruitment Section), Uttar Banga Krishi
Viswavidyalaya, P.O. Pundibari, Dist. Cooch Behar, Pin-736165, West Bengal within 18 Nov 2020 (Wednesday).
- Employed person shall apply through proper channel. In case of anticipatory delay they shall send an ADVANCE COPY (clearly mentioning ‘ADVANCE COPY OF APPLICATION’) with requisite fee (with original demand draft / electronic / online transaction receipt / proof of electronic / online payment of requisite fee) within 18 Nov 2020 (Wednesday). The original copy of application, duly forwarded by the employer with the No Objection Certificate as per stipulated format “Certificate of Verification by Employer” as provided in the application form, has to mandatorily reach the office of The Registrar (Recruitment Section), Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya, P.O. Pundibari, Dist. Cooch Behar, Pin-736165, West Bengal on or before the date of interview (if called for).
- Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (English: North Bengal Agricultural University) is an agricultural university in Pundibari about 11 km North-West of Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India. It has faculties of Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture and Horticulture.
- The northern part of West Bengal is endowed with diverse natural resources like rivers, forest, economic plant resources, agro-ecosystem, biodiversity, etc., with extremely responsive rural communities. It comprises old alluvial, terai and hill zones distributed in eight northern districts of West Bengal (Alipurduar, Cooch Behar, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, Malda, Dakshin Dinajpur and Uttar Dinajpur).
- The economy of this part of West Bengal is predominantly agrarian, and agriculture is characterized by low productivity and subsistence farming with a limited number of crops due to inherent soil-climatic and agro-ecological conditions. Improved technologies befitting the agro-climatic and socio-economic characteristics of this region is an important issue.
- Keeping this perspective in view, the state government established a satellite campus of the State Agriculture University, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya at Pundibari, in Cooch Behar district in 1979. Since then the Indian Council of Agricultural Research has accredited the campus and extended development support. A notable change in agricultural and horticultural crop production, productivity and cropping pattern in North Bengal became perceptible from the late 1980s onwards.
- Despite inadequate manpower and infrastructural facilities, the research, extension and teaching activities at North Bengal campus were noteworthy. During the late 1990s a postgraduate programme was started. With the introduction of the National Agricultural Research Project (NARP), Pundibari became the headquarters of the terai-agro climat zone of West Bengal. Since then, specific problems in the region have been taken care of by the campus, and new technologies have been generated through research programmes.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form
#Associate #Professor #Assistant #Professor #Vacancy