93 Manager, Foreman and Various Vacancy
Last Date:10 Febuary2021
Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMCL)
A walkin Interview will be held on 20-01-2021 to 10-02-2021 (9 AM) by Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMCL) at given venue for filling up 93 contract posts of Manager, Foreman and Various.Eligible Candidates may appear with filled application as per format, Bio data and all certificates of age, caste, quaification, experience and photographs.
Name of the post – Manager, Foreman and Various
No of post – 93
Pay Scale – Rs 92000,Rs 80000,Rs 42000,Rs 42000
BTech in Mining Engg /Diploma in Mining/HSC with Mining mate certificate.
- The Odisha Mining Corporation Ltd., a Gold Category State PSU having annual turnover of Rs. 3975 Crore during FY 2019-20 intends to fill up the following posts on contractual basis for a period of 03 years. The engagement shall be renewed every year on satisfactory job performance. However, the tenure of contractual engagement may be extended beyond 03 years basing on the requirement of the corporation. The posts shall be filled up through recruitment on contractual basis through Walk-in-Interview mode/process.
- Odisha Mining Corporation Ltd., a Gold category and largest State PSU in Mining Sector in the Country, undertakes exploration, mining and trading of iron, chrome & bauxite ores. Inspired by the vision to emerge as the market leader and to play a catalytic role in the growth of industrialization, OMC caters to the requirements of mineral based industries. The Corporation has achieved an annual turnover of Rs. 3975 Crore during FY 2019-20.
- OMC intends to fill-up the following posts on contractual basis for a period of 03 years. The engagement shall be renewed every year on satisfactory job performance. However, the tenure of contractual engagement may be extended beyond 03 years basing on the requirement of the corporation. The posts shall be filled up through recruitment on contractual basis through Walk-in-Interview mode/process.
- The candidates shall produce Identity Proof (Aadhar/ Voter ID/ Driving License) at the time of document verification on the date of Walk-in-Interview.
- Candidates are advised to visit Corporation website httos://omcitd.in at regular intervals for any notification, news, updates, results etc relating to recruitment. The decision of OMC Management shall be final & binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, selection of candidate,cancellation of the recruitment process, etc. No enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- At any stage of recruitment process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information then the candidature / engagement of the candidat shall liable to be cancelled.
- Canvassing in any form will be viewed adversely & may lead to disqualification.
- Finally selected candidates shall have to produce the required documents at the time of joining at respective places of posting which shall be communicated through the engagement orders.
- Candidates after recruitment can be posted in any establishment of OMC. The candidates against whom vigilance/criminal case is pending shall not be eligible.The candidates (in case of married) should not have more than one spouse living. Any dispute arising in this connection will be subject to jurisdiction of appropriate Courts of Odisha.
- Interested eligible candidates are advised to download the bio-data format from OMC website https://omcltd.in and submit the same duly filled in and signed together with self attested supporting documents at the time of Walk-in-Interview.
- Selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Walk-In interview considering the vacancies, percentage of reservation as well as requirement.
- Filling-up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the Management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if vacancies are not filled up due to un- suitability/insufficient number of candidates.
- The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials.
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for respective posts are advised to download the bio- data format from OMC Website https://omcltd.in. which to be filled up by the candidate in English after carefully reading the eligibility criteria prescribed for each post.
- The applicant should affix recent colour passport size photograph at top right side of the application form.
- The applicant should submit self attested copy of certificates/documents from HSC onwards towards proof of qualification, marks, age, caste, experience, resident certificate etc along with the application form at the time of interview. Valid caste certificate/ SEBC certificate & resident certificate must be obtained from the Competent Authority & be produced on the date of interview. OBC certificate in place of SEBC certificate shall not be accepted.
- Applications without supporting documents/incomplete/not full-filling the prescribed criteria in any respect shall be rejected.
- Odisha Mining Corporation Limited or OMC is a Gold Category Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) established on 16 May 1956 as a joint venture company between Government of Odisha and Government of India to explore and harness mineral wealth of the Odisha and make value addition. Odisha Mining Corporation is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of Government Directors and Independent Directors. The day-to-day management of the corporation is looked after by the Chairman and the Managing Director as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- 1956: Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMC) was born on 16 May 1956 as a joint venture company of Government of Odisha and Government of India to explore and harness mineral wealth of the State of Odisha and make value addition.
- 1961: Subsequently, on 17 November 1961, OMC became a wholly State-owned Corporation of Government of Odisha.
- Odisha is one of the richest states in India in terms of mineral wealth. However, this wealth was largely untapped as mining is a very capital intensive industry and in the early years of independence capital was scarce. Under these circumstances, the Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMC) was incorporated on 16th May 1956 as a joint venture Company of Govt. of Odisha and Govt. of India with the objective of harnessing the mineral wealth of the State of Odisha through exploration, extraction as well as value addition.
- Four years later, following the withdrawal of the Govt. of India from the company, OMC became a wholly State-owned Corporation of Govt. of Odisha on 17th Nov 1961. As of now, it continues to be a wholly owned corporation of the Odisha Government, which has subscribed to the entire paid up capital of Rs.31.45 crores out of an authorized capital of Rs.100 crores.
- The major minerals mined by OMC are chrome, iron and manganese ore which cater to the requirement of mineral based industries such as steel, sponge iron, pig iron, ferro-manganese, ferro-chrome, etc.
- OMC has been growing steadily over these years and today it stands as the largest State PSU in the mining sector of the country. It recorded the highest ever turnover of Rs.2850 Cr. in FY2017-18.
- OMC is ably managed by an eminent Board of Directors consisting of Government Directors as well as Independent Directors. The Chairman and the Managing Director look after the day-to-day running of the Corporation under the guidance of the Board of Directors.
click above to download
the employment notification
#Manager #Foreman #Vacancy